HOW TO ENJOY YERBA MATE
From a traditional hot drink to smoothies to cocktails, yerba mate can be prepared in a variety of ways. Here are a few of our favorite ways to enjoy that will have you saying #yestoverbamate in no time.
ICED YERBA MATE HORCHATA
- 4 oz Argentinian yerba mate tea, cooled
- 2 oz Unsweetened almond milk
- ½ oz Cinnamon honey syrup
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- Garnish: Cinnamon or cinnamon stick
1.Shake all ingredients over ice until nice and frothy.
2.Pour into an ice-filled highball glass and garnish with a dash of cinnamon and a cinnamon stick.
3. Add 1 oz of spiced rum to enjoy as a rich cocktail.
YERBA MATE COOLER
- 2 oz Argentinian yerba mate tea, cooled
- 2 oz Pink grapefruit juice
- ½ oz Ginger syrup
- ½ oz Lime juice Sparkling water
1.Shake the yerba mate tea, juices and syrup over ice until well chilled.
2.Strain into an ice-filled glass and top with a splash of soda.
3.Garnish with a lime wheel and candied ginger.
4.To enjoy as a refreshing cocktail, add 2 oz of blanco tequila!
LOOKING FOR MORE INSPIRATION?
- Add 1/2 d teaspoon of powdered yerba mate to your overnight oats before
tossing in the fridge to chill.
- Add a spoonful of powdered yerba mate to your favorite smoothie combo
for maximum post workout recavery.
- Steep yerba mate similar to the way you would loose leaf tea, and add
orange peel for added flavor.
- Add mate powder to your homemade granola mix before baking for ar
added kick of caffeine.
- Throw a spoonful of powdered mate into your favorite cookie, muffin ar
brownie recipe to create a more health-forward dessert option, with a slightly savory flavor.