Biscuits, tortillas or criollitos for your mates
In the province of Salta they are called criollitos, in Tucumán and San Juan Provinces tortillas and in Buenos Aires biscuits. Try this typically Argentinian salty recipe. You can’t miss it with your mates!!
- 400 gr. 0000 Flour Salt 10 gr.
- 250 gr. Butter (cold)
- 250 gr.White cheese
- ½ lemon Juice
1. Put the flour mixed with salt in a bowl and add the cold butter in cubes.
2. Mix all the ingredients and make a hole in the center.
3. Add the white cheese and lemon juice.
4. Continue mixing until the dough is formed and add water only if necessary.
5. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Stretch in a rectangular shape and fold in a single turn.
7. Stretch again and make a double turn, repeat a double turn once more. Between turns, rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
8. To assemble, roll out a 4 mm thick rectangle and cut thin strips.
9. Fold and cut into small books.
10. Stretch on a buttered and floured cake pan, pressing the joint while doing so.
11. Bake in a high oven for 10 minutes, lower the temperature to medium and finish cooking in 10 more minutes.
Recipe: Cocineros Argentinos
María TeresaMe Encantó Yerba Mate Argentina Gracias07/06/19 18:24